Best Box Mod & Vape Mods Reviews of 2019
Which Box Mod Should You Buy?
Our # 1 Box Mod for 2019
Why the GeekVape Aegis?
- This top vape box mod is waterproof, dent-proof, and does everything including temperature control.
- It has long battery life with a 4300mah battery.
- Built to military standard 810 G, which means it can take being dropped, knocked over and anything else you can think of to do to it.
Which Type of Top Box Mod is Right For You?
With the number of box mods easily available online, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and a little bit confused. This list of the best vape box mods 2019 is pretty much all you need to look at if you ever need a little help deciding. If you’re a vaping newbie, then welcome to the world of vaping! If you’re a vaping veteran, then you already know what to do. Always keep yourself up to date with the latest in vaping news and box mod reviews!
These types of mods have a higher range of voltage/wattage and use coils in the lower resistance range of .02 -.06. In wattage mode the device automatically adjusts the power output for the resistance of the coil so when you change atomizers it auto-detects the proper settings and applies them without requiring the user to do anything.
Box mods in this range typically read coils of .02 and lower. These higher power devices use two to three batteries and use voltage, wattage and temperature control settings. Temperature control settings run from 200-500 degrees Fahrenheit and keep a steady supply of heat to the coils but because the temperature stays consistent, it will not burn the coils or your ejuice. Many vapers prefer the temperature control settings because of this. Mods in this range are for more advanced users who like a warmer vape and are comfortable building their own coils.
This category showcases three mods that range from 75W to 200W, have temperature control and are all priced under $50. These would be great for someone looking to upgrade their vape mod but may have a tight budget. These 3 fit those requirements and do it well. Getting a great mod doesn’t have to be expensive, there are several devices that work great, produce great vapor and are priced affordably. All it takes is a little research into products and knowing what you prefer in a device. Matchup personal preference with affordability and you have a great mod.
What to Look For
Many new vapers who are transitioning from stick batteries will most likely want something with lower wattage to start out with, just until they feel a bit more comfortable with the increased power. The 50W and under range is perfect for beginners and those who choose not to sub ohm.
MTL or DTL Capability
Beginning vapers need that mouth to lung draw offered by the devices geared towards newbies. Having a device with MTL capabilities is a benefit even for advanced vapers who long for that mouth-to-lung draw as well. There are several mods that offer both MTL (mouth-to-lung) and DTL (direct-to-lung) hits simply by changing out the coil in your tank.
What to Avoid
Don't Go for Higher Wattages than You Need
Don't Shop for a Mod at the Mall
Don't Buy a Mechanical Mod Unless You're an Experienced Vaper
A lot of mechanical mods on the market are great if you understand electricity, power output, and ohm’s law. Which is to say they are designed for advanced vapers. Moreover there is no circuit board or advanced protections in place.
Specialized Reviews Ranking System
At License to Vape, we employ a comprehensive evaluation system to analyze and measure the full value of products, by looking at the ingredients, clinical studies, safety, projected effectiveness, return policies and overall customer satisfaction. This method is known as the License to Vape Ranking System.
Our Top 10 Box Mod Reviews & Vape Mod Reviews
We’ve compiled a list of what we’ve found to be the top products in this category and on the market today.
- Durable and strong
- Spring-loaded 510 connection
- Rubberized finish
- Leather accents
- Uses a 26650 or 1 18650
- Scratch and chip resistant
- Temperature control settings
- Only has 4 colors
Innokin Endura T22 - Best for Beginning Vapers
- 1-button functionality
- Charges via USB cable
- Rebuildable coils for DIY
- Comes in three different colors
- Easy-to-replace coils
- High battery and tank capacity
- Spit back and tank leaks
- Cannot change the coil until tank is empty
Innokin iTaste MVP 3 Pro - Best Box Mods 50W-100W
- Pass-through USB charging
- Rotatable screen
- Puff Counter
- Great battery life (that can even charge other devices!)
- Tank leaks
IPV4S - Top Rated 100W-200W
- Reads coils as low as .01 ohm in V/W mode
- Reads nickel and titanium coils as low as 0.05
- Temperature control
- Multiple misuse protection
- Doesn’t come with a package
- User manual not very helpful
Vaporfi Vox 2
- Low voltage, overcharge and short-circuit protection
- Reverse battery protection
- External 18650 battery included
- USB pass-through charging
- Option of three different tanks
- Tank leaks
Innokin Coolfire IV Plus
- Removable drip tip
- 2 coil heads included
- Easy top-fill design
- Dual adjustable airflow control
- Good battery life, over discharge and low resistance protection
- Compatible with standard 510 atomizer tanks
- A bit more expensive than others in the same range
Joyetech eGrip II AIO Device
- Real-time clock display
- Upgradeable firmware
- Locking feature
- Top airflow control
- Three coil heads included
- Overcharge, over-discharge and over-current protection
- Customization with 7 tank light choices
- Spit back, built-in battery, and customization (both a pro and a con)
Tesla Wood 160W TC
- Locking feature
- Classic wood finish
- Auto-detects new atomizer
- Display shows ohms, temperature and wattage
- Back panel removes for easy battery changing
- Display adjusts for left-handed users
- Temperature control settings
- Doesn’t come with an official package
- No firmware upgrade
What is a Top Vape Box Mod?
Different Types of Box Mods
Box Mod Advantages
Latest Reviews & Articles
Box mods continue to grow in popularity due to the...
Eleaf vapor products are some of the best in the world. When...
As new vapers start gaining more experience, they soon find...
Innokin has cornered the market on beginning vaper devices....
The IPV4 from Pioneer4 You was a great mod but, according to...
When choosing a box mod, go for a brand name that is...
I know a few vapers who tend to have butterfingers, meaning...
It has a unique design and a strange-sounding name, but it is...
The Innokin Coolfire 4 Plus is an upgraded version of the...