Best Temperature Control Mods & Reviews 2018
Which Temperature Control Mod Should You Buy?
Our # 1 Temperature Control Mod for 2018
After many hours using the new UWELL Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit, I have to say this new Mech Mod Style Temperature Control Mod is one of our top picks for best temperature control mods for 2018.
Why the UWELL Nunchaku 80W TC Starter Kit
- Fires from .1 to 3.0 Ohms
- 5 to 80w
- Well designed with Stainless Steel
- Temperature Control Suite
- Easy to Use
- Comes in Multiple Colors
- Ohh yeah did we mention a Mech Mod Style
Which Type of Temperature Control Mod is Right For You?
Vaping has been gaining quite a lot of popularity over the past couple of years, but only recently are reliable temperature control mods made widely available. Not only were there very limited choices, but the best temperature control mods that were available at that time had hefty price tags. Back then, it is not uncommon to spend upwards of $200 on a temperature mod. To make things worse, the devices during the early days of temperature control vaping did not live up to the hype, and many who bought them were quite disappointed. But today TC mods are becoming more popular, with a lower entry price point and being made better to support these customers.
What to Look For
Easy-to-Navigate Menu Systems
Menu settings on most mods can seem frustrating, pushing button after button to get where you need to be, but mods with easy navigation have simple menu systems with few buttons to push and easy to read displays tell you where your settings are.
Compatible Tank Systems
Mods with TC settings require compatible tanks that can use nickel and titanium coils. Many mod kits include a nickel as well as a kanthal coil. But not all tanks can use nickel or titanium. Some examples of compatible tanks are: Sense Herakles, Kanger Aerotank, Kanger sub tanks, Aspire Atlantis and Nautilus tanks to name a few.
What to Avoid
Complicated Menu Settings
Some TC mods have multiple settings that can be complicated to figure out and be very frustrating to someone new at using temperature control. The best suggestion is to choose one with as few settings as possible in the beginning and upgrade later once you’re accustomed to using TC. The best temperature control mods are not necessarily the ones with the most features, look for simplicity.
Tanks Without Compatible Coils
Not every tank can be used with temperature control. If it does not use nickel or titanium as well as kanthal, it cannot be used. Only nickel and titanium are safe to use in TC mode. Some people are able to use certain types of stainless steel in RDAs but it is debatable.
Inadequate Battery for Power Needs
Make sure the mod you choose has an adequate battery for how you vape. Most vapers who use temperature control are not cloud chasers but prefer flavor instead. Most mods with temperature control range from 40, 60, 80 and 150W and battery life will depend on the wattage you vape at and your coil heads.
Specialized Reviews Ranking System
At License to Vape, we employ a comprehensive evaluation system to analyze and measure the full value of products, by looking at the ingredients, clinical studies, safety, projected effectiveness, return policies, and overall customer satisfaction. This method is known as the License to Vape Ranking System.
Top 7 Temperature Control Mods For 2018
“After hours of extensive research, testing and reviews, we’ve determined the best products (for any budget) on the market today.”
- Durable and strong
- Uses single 18650 battery
- Top fill tank design
- 1 x 0.25ohm coil
- 1 x 0.4ohm coil
- Temperature range: 200-600F / 100-300℃
- Bottom adjustable airflow
- 5 memory settings
- 5 clicks on/off
- Lightweight but sturdy
- Charges with 9V battery charger
- Micro USB for firmware updates
- Low voltage protection
- Uses 2 Batteries
- Only 2 Colors Available
- Magnetic battery cover
- Can use own tanks with
- 510 stainless steel threaded
- Spring-loaded connection
- Upgradeable firmware version 3.0
- Charges from computer or wall adapter in 3 hours Switches between VT/VW and bypass mode
- Does not include a kanthal coil head
- Built in User protections
- Smooth finish
- Easy-to-navigate menu
- Fits comfortably in the hand
- Rubberized grip Magnetic panel for easy battery access
- Buttons rattle a little bit
- Memory settings
- Recognizes atomizer changes
- Stainless steel construction
- Easy-to-use menu system
- Sleep mode after 30 minutes of inactivity Magnetic back panel for battery changes
- Not a lightweight device
- A little big to fit in the hand
- Gravity sensing mode
- 3 power setting modes
- 5 settings for Wattage mode
- 5 settings for Temperature mode
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Battery cap threads are a little stiff
- Complicated menu settings
- Heavy-duty and sturdy
- Lock-in preferred wattage
- 3 clicks to change power modes
- Easy-to-navigate menu system
- Gold-plated battery connection posts
- USB port on the front for firmware upgrades
- Clicky buttons (not necessarily a con)
What is a Temperature Control Vaping?
The Features & Benefits of Temperature Control
How is a TC MOD Different from Other MODs?
Why Buy a Temperature Control MOD?