Best Mods Starter Kits and Reviews of 2018
Which Box Mod Starter Kit Should You Buy?
Our # 1 Mod Starter Kit for 2018
The best way to buy a new vape mod is to purchase a starter kit because it includes everything you need for one price. But with so many on the market, the question is which one should I buy? We have tested and reviewed a total of 20 mods to find the best ones to showcase here for you. After 30+ hours of testing and charging, we have narrowed down the list and come up with our #1 choice for best vape mod starter kits. Our top pick is the Joyetech Cuboid Tap. Why the Joyetech Cuboid Tap?
- It has an OLED touchscreen.
- It is pressure sensitive.
- Has advanced charging and vaping features.
Which Box Mod Starter Kit is Right For You?
Without a doubt, the number of vaping starter kits on the market is just one too many. You can easily get confused and overwhelmed as to which box mod to buy. To make your decision-making easier, below are some of the most highly-recommended and best vape mod starter kits to help you decide which one is right for you.
What to Look For
Safety and Durability
The most important features to look for in a mod are built-in safety protections and durability from solid, high-quality construction. Most mods and tanks are constructed from stainless steel which makes it resist chips and dings if it accidentally gets dropped or falls. And built-in safety features are priceless.
Compatible with Other Atomizers and Tanks
Proprietary systems only use one tank which means that you are limited to using only that tank. The problem with that is that sometimes the coil heads are hard to find or are always out-of-stock which limits your ability to vape. Be sure to purchase a mod that is compatible with several tanks and atomizers for variety.
Intuitive User Interface
Besides being super cool and good-looking, the mod you choose should be easy to use. If the menu system is too complicated you will not get the full enjoyment out of the device. If you are a techy person you may be thrilled with complicated menus because they offer so many options, but if not, be sure to choose one with just a few simple modes.
What to Avoid
Cheap Box Materials
This is referring to the material the mod “box” is made of, not the box it comes in. The box itself should be made of high-quality stainless steel for durability. The designs and aesthetics don’t make it stronger, they just make it attractive to the eye. To be sure you are getting a good quality device it should feel solid in your hand, have a little weight but feel sturdy.
Internal batteries are fine in the lower wattage devices, it makes them easy to charge on the go. However, higher-powered devices over 75 Watts need more power. If you plan to purchase a 100 – 200 Watt mod, you will need one that uses external batteries.
Devices Without a 510 Connection
You shouldn’t buy a mechanical mod that doesn’t have a 510 connection. Some of them have what is called a “hybrid topcap” which means that the pin on your atomizer comes in direct contact with the battery. This is a serious safety issue unless you are familiar with these devices and battery safety. If you don’t know anything about mechanical mods it is best to avoid.
Specialized Reviews Ranking System
At License to Vape, we employ a comprehensive evaluation system to analyze and measure the full value of products, by looking at the ingredients, clinical studies, safety, projected effectiveness, return policies, and overall customer satisfaction. This method is known as the License to Vape Ranking System.
Top-Rated Vape Mod Starter Kits For 2018
After hours of extensive research, testing and reviews, we’ve determined the best products (for any budget) on the market today.
- You can choose from multiple designs
- It has a wide OLED touchscreen
- It is pressure-sensitive
- It offers advanced charging and vaping features
- The box is quite bulky and heavy
- It’s a bit pricey
- For some, it can appear to be too plain-looking
- It is packed with features
- It has a tip adapter for dripping
- It has smart and intuitive controls
- It also has a bright screen
- It is solid and sturdy
- The mouthpiece is made of mesh
- It gets warm fast
- It is not user-friendly enough for newbie’s
- It is pretty compact for a dual-battery mod
- It has balanced internal mod charging
- It has an easy-to-use intuitive user interface
- Firmware can be easily upgraded
- It is available in multiple colors
- It has a lower than standard power output
- There are long delays in atomizer detection
- The mod finish gets chipped away fast
- It has an intuitive user interface
- You can upgrade its firmware
- It comes with a TFV8 Big Baby
- Watt range is wide: 6 to 225 watts
- It comes in multiple designs and colors
- It is slightly bigger than its predecessors
- It comes with a steep price
- It is definitely heavier
- It has a large firing button
- It has a high maximum wattage output
- It comes with Smok TFV12 Prince Tank
- Tank has a built-in hinge and lock
- It has a stylistic design and color selection
- It does not have any standout feature
- It is pricier compared to its fellow vaping starter kits
- Its aesthetics cannot justify its price
- It is lightweight, slim, ergonomic, and portable
- It has an advanced and easy-to-use mod interface
- It has multiple tank selections
- It provides precise temperature control
- It has TCR Three Memory
- It is limited to 0.15-ohm coils
- It is limited to 80 watts
- It’s easy to forget that you have it
- It is small and portable
- It does the job well
- It has a good placement of its 510 connector
- Its firmware is upgradeable
- It has a screw-top battery slot
- It does not come with an extra glass tube
- It is difficult to refill the tank
- The wattage will not satisfy chasers
- It is portable and lightweight
- It is colorful and stylish
- It provides multiple vaping/heating modes
- You can store your settings
- You can upgrade its firmware
- You can easily forget about it
- It requires frequent battery change for chain vapers
- Lint can easily enter the vent
- It has a very competitive price
- It has a great set of features for its price
- It has sub-ohm capabilities (0.05)
- It has a powerful heat delivery
- It has an easy-to-use graphic user interface
- Buttons are too flushed
- Materials used seem cheap
- Its overall design makes vaping difficult
Hailing from the east coast, Lisa is a long time Vaper whose knowledge is derived from years of experience and testing a wide variety of vaping products. If you have questions or comments don’t hesitate to reach out. email@example.com